Thoughts on Class Format and Assignments

     Although I've taken online classes before, the format of this class is pretty unique! I've kind of used each element of the class separately before (ie: blogged, graded based on point total, etc) but as a whole the class is formatted differently from any other class I've taken. So far, I'm excited about it!
     This semester is going to be pretty crazy, since I'll be working at two different internships while still taking classes full time, so I think the flexibility this class provides will be really helpful. I especially am excited about the ability to work ahead on both the regular assignments and extra credit, so in case I know I have an especially busy week coming up, I can plan around it.
      I think working on the semester-long project will be fun. I always like getting to exercise some creativity in class work and it seems like this project will require it. I'm also excited for the readings. I think the subject matter will be interesting, even if I'm a little nervous about the 5-6 hours of work each week. Finally, I'm really intrigued by the 'Tech Tips' option for extra credit. I think it will be really neat to learn not only about myths & folklore, but also about Blogger and other technology.

(Ready to blog all semester long! Source: Michael Gorzka on Flickr)


Comments

  1. I am glad you are interested in the tech tips, Alyx! It's an optional thing because some people are here just for the reading and writing, but I am such a fan of the Internet that I wanted to make technology part of the class too for anyone who is interested. And that cat you found at Flickr definitely wants to become a meme...! There's a Cheezburger Tech Tip for making memes of course. I'm always on the lookout for cats with computers. Yay! Thank you! I've bookmarked that cat to come back to. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts