Thoughts on Class Technology

     Overall, I'm pretty familiar with most of the tools that we'll be using for class. Even if I haven't used the specific platforms or tools before, I've used tools that are very similar. I used Tumblr a lot in high school and have grown up in the social media age, so managing a blog is in my comfort zone. Similarly, I have been interested in photography and graphic design since high school so I'm also comfortable using image editing software and creating graphics. However, I have never heard of Twine before, so I'm excited to try that out. I used to really enjoy writing fiction in high school so having the ability to practice that again in this class is pretty exciting, especially with all the tools provided to format and display work. I'm looking forward to settling down with a cup of coffee and practicing writing and these new tools over the semester!

(Image source: by Tirachard Kumtanom on Pexels)



Comments

  1. Twine is so much fun, Alyx! I've used it in the basic way to build branching stories, but you can also use Twine as an actual kind of programming language, building a game like this: Utnapishtim. Those are my favorite kinds of tools: simple to use when getting started... but with lots of advanced potential too! Tumblr is that way also: the kinds of templates that people have created for Tumblr are really fun to work with; if you want to do your project website for class using Tumblr, it offers lots of possibilities! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts