Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking over my blog and my website, I'm pretty happy with the layout for both. Although neither is really very fancy, I think a more simple layout works better both for ease of use on my end and for ease of navigation for other people who come to read my blog and website. I would like to explore customizing my blog a little bit more just for the sake of learning more about Blogger, but there are no pressing changes that I feel need to be made. One thing I would like to do to improve the layout of my website is to play around with different page layouts for the stories. I think using a new page layout for the next few stories might add some more interest to the blog and prevent the design from being too boring.

As far as my reading and story blog posts, I think I'm pretty happy with my work so far, especially on the story posts. I really liked the story ideas I've used from the recommended list, and I feel that it has really helped me try a new form of storytelling. In the past, most of my stories have been a pretty even balance between dialogue and non-dialogue. (Is there a word besides non-dialogue?) However, I do think that I could do some more exploring in my reading/note-taking blog posts, since I've pretty much just been writing a summary of the reading accompanied with some of my thoughts. I think this style of note-taking works well for me to use when referencing for my storytelling post, but it would be interesting to try a different style.

I think my favorite reading so far has been the Women Saints reading unit, since it brought up a lot of questions that were relevant to today's world as well as the time in which the stories were told. I think it was interesting to see the evolution of how women were portrayed in stories, and it was interesting to talk about how those old stories could be updated to reflect more modern values.

I think my biggest accomplishment so far has been keeping up with all the writing! Writing has always been a passion of mine, but I usually only do it when I have free time and feel in the "mood" for it. Thus, for me to regularly write and force myself to be creative when I'm not feeling particularly inspired has been great practice for me and I think has really helped me develop as a writer. Most of the time, even though I had a blank mind and felt stuck at the beginning, I was able to work through it and write a story I was pretty happy with!

A blank page is the best way to begin!
(Image source: Lum3n on Pexels)

Comments

Popular Posts