Famous Last Words: Reaching the End

It's week 11 in the course, but I'm finishing the week 12 assignments, along with the entire course! I need only 2 more points to reach my desired grade, so I figured what better way than to do the "Famous Last Words" extra credit assignment? Ironically, this is my first Famous Last Words post, but fittingly, it will also be my last.

From the first day of the class, I knew I wanted to work ahead and finish early, because I love crossing things off my to-do list and the idea of not having to worry about one of my classes at the busiest time of the semester sounded like a dream. I'm excited about finish the class and earning an A, but I'm also kind of sad. It's definitely a bittersweet ending.

The readings for this class were all really interesting, even though I definitely enjoyed some more than others. I think my favorite units from this class were the Celtic Fairy Tales, Japanese Fairy Tales, and the Ancient Egypt readings. They all were very different, but it was fun to notice commonalities among all of the different culture's stories, and it was even more fun to use those commonalities in my storybook project.

One part of the class that I found especially enjoyable was all the practice with different technologies I hadn't used before. Although I've had to maintain a blog for several classes here at OU, this class was the first time I felt that I was really invested in my blog and had the chance to explore the different options for customizing it and making it my own. It was also neat to get the chance to learn more about Canvas through the Tech Tips option for Extra Credit, since it's a tool I use everyday but never really take the time to explore.

Although the work for this class each week sometimes seemed overwhelming, I've really started to grow attached to my little blog and all the posts I've written for this class. And despite often staring at a blank screen with no idea what to write about for my project or the storytelling posts, I'm really quite happy with what I've written and a little sad that I won't be retelling anymore myths or folktales.

I suppose I could continue writing, but if I'm being realistic with myself I know that won't happen with final project deadlines rapidly approaching and final exams coming up as well. So, I'll just have to be content with what I've already accomplished, and possibly think about taking the Indian Epics class sometime next year?

As far as next week, although I won't be doing anymore work for this class, I've got a lot on my plate! Exams in three of my classes are coming up quickly, as well as a final essay, and a group presentation. I'm also getting pretty busy at my design internship, so it's probably a good thing that I was able to wrap up this class a little early. It was a great experience, and honestly one of the most enjoyable classes I've taken at OU so far.

I think that pretty much wraps up my famous last words. Bye, and good luck!




Time for a new journey!
(Image source: Markus Spiske)


Comments

  1. Hey Alyx,

    Congrats on making it to the end of the class! I am sure that has to be a great feeling! It is awesome that you were able to work ahead and get done so quickly! I must admit I started out with a similar goal, but have not stuck with it as well as you have. This is my last semester at OU, so I think a bit of senioritis is setting on. Congrats on finishing early! And good luck with your exams!

    Brady

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts